Guernsey-Muskingum Electric Cooperative
September Bills - Expect Delay in Delivery
Please be informed: The company who prints and mails our bills has suffered a computer system failure and the printing of our bills has been delayed. The printer expects to have the issue resolved today (September 11th) and will be working through the weekend to get jobs in the mail.
All members may not have their bills by September 15th. We have also experienced delays with the United States Postal Service due to high mail volumes.
We understand this may delay your payment back to us. We will monitor when members are receiving their bills and allow extra mailing days for payment to arrive before charging any late penalties.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Guernsey-Muskingum Electric Cooperative recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic could result in unexpected financial hardships for our members therefore, we are:
- Ready to assist any financially concerned member with advice on extended payment arrangements.
- Providing energy conservation and payment strategies to avoid large bills and disconnections once the crisis has passed.
- We do ask members to understand they will still be responsible for paying their bills.
In addition, Guernsey-Muskingum is taking steps to add a higher level of safety for our members, employees, and the public:
- Encourage online payments thru our website www.gmenergy.com or call 1-844-206-7873.
- No walk-in traffic to the office
- Encourage phone calls and emails for all services offered 1-800-521-9879 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Energy audits will be postponed indefinitely.
- The 83rd Annual Meeting scheduled on April 4, 2020 is postponed until further notice.